Below you will find the recipe for our crowd-pleasing Wasabi Guacamole. This dish is sure to be a hit with friends and family. Enjoy!
(serves 4 to 6 as an appetizer)
4 ripe avocados
3 oz Kizami Wasabi (can be ordered online or bought from Mura!)
1 oz diced white onion
1/4 oz chopped cilantro
1 tsp kosher salt more or less to taste
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper more or less to taste
2.5 tsp lemon juice
1/2-1lb of boiled lotus root (available in Asian markets)
3 cups of oil for frying
1. Peel and take out seeds of the avocados.
2. In a large mixing bowl mash the avocados with a fork or potato masher until slightly chunky.
3. Add Kizami Wasabi, white onion, cilantro, salt, pepper, and lotus root to the mashed avocados. Mix well.
5. Using a sharp knife or mandolin slice the lotus root to 1/4 to 1/8 inch thin
6. Heat the oil in a frying pan to 350 degrees
7. Fry the lotus root until crispy about 3 minutes and drain on a paper towel
8. Enjoy right away!Special Tip! The guacamole can be stored in a plastic container with a thin layer of water on top to prevent oxidation for one more day!